Cherry Wood Smoked
- 1 gallon ice cold water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sea salt
- 3/4 cup juniper berries
- 2 lbs. Farmland® Pork Boneless Butt
- Combine all ingredients except pork.
- Pour over pork in large bowl, making sure meat is completely covered with brine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 48 hours.
- Remove pork from brine and pat dry.
- Place in smoker over cherry wood between 225oF. and 250oF. Cook for at least 4 hours until internal temperature reaches at least 200oF. Let stand 30 minutes, use two forks or bear claws to pull pork.
Shoulder Roast/Boneless Butt Portion
To order, contact your Smithfield Farmland sales representative.