Cocoa Chile Rub
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons Ancho chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 Farmland® DURoC Pork Tenderloin
- Combine salt, cinnamon, cocoa, Ancho chile, pepper, cumin, nutmeg and allspice. Mix well; set aside.
- Trim any fat or silver skin from Farmland Pork Tenderloin; set aside.
- Heat convection oven to 400 oF. Coat tenderloin with cocoa spice rub. Heat oil in large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sear tenderloin on all sides to a rich brown color. Remove from sauté pan. Place on sheet pan and finish in convection oven for 8 to 10 minutes until internal temperature reaches 145oF. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
To order, contact your Smithfield Farmland sales representative.