Country Fried Steak
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup clarified butter
- 4 Farmland® Pork Loin Steaks
1. Combine dry ingredients in shallow pan; set aside. Beat together eggs and buttermilk; place in separate bowl.
2. Dredge pork steak in seasoned flour, shaking off any excess. Dip into buttermilk, then additional dredge in seasoned flour.
3. Heat clarified butter in medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add pork steaks and cook on both sides until golden brown and internal temperature reaches 145oF. Let stand 3 minutes before serving.
To order, contact your Smithfield Farmland sales representative.