Thai Style Braised
Serves: 6 – 8
- 2 lbs. Farmland® Fresh Pork Cheek Meat, silver skin removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup dark soy sauce
- 1/3 cup mirin
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar or brown sugar
- 3 Thai chilies
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- Heat oven to 300°F. In oven-proof skillet, brown pork cheeks in olive oil.
- Combine all remaining ingredients; pour over browned meat. Add enough water so that cheeks are halfway submerged; cover tightly. Cook in 300°F oven until very tender, about 2 hours.
- Place pan in refrigerator to solidify fat; remove fat and discard. Remove meat from broth.
- Heat broth until reduced to syrupy sauce. Break meat into small chunks and return to sauce; heat through.
- Serve in wraps or over rice garnished with fresh herbs.
To order, contact your Smithfield Farmland sales representative.