Torta de Milanesa
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 Farmland® Pork Medallions
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 bolillo rolls
- Shredded lettuce
- Sliced tomatoes
- Place steakettes between two sheets of plastic wrap. Using flat meat mallet, pound to 3/4-inch thickness.
- Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper in shallow dish; set aside.
- Place beaten eggs and flour in two separate bowls.
- Place pounded pork steakettes in flour, shaking off any excess. Dip in beaten eggs. Place
in breadcrumb mixture, applying minimal pressure until both sides are covered.
- Combine olive oil and butter in medium skillet. Heat over low heat until butter is melted. Add steakettes to pan and cook on both sides until golden brown and internal temperature reaches 145oF. Let stand
3 minutes before serving. Serve on a toasted bolillo roll and top with lettuce and tomatoes.
To order, contact your Smithfield Farmland sales representative.